Dr. Pornprom Suthatorn received his Ph.D. in management from National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA), Thailand with the grant of a government funding award on his thesis publication. Over 12 years experience in sales and marketing in four industries, he has served as a part the world’s leading direct seller in consumer goods and services, leading financial public company, public and private universities and a professional engineering firm. Moreover, he also has five years’ experience in one of the top ten airlines company.
Now, he is sharing his career experiences as a graduate school lecturer at Dusit Thani College & Adjunct Lecturer at Kasetsart University. His research interests are in the area of marketing, culture, organizational behavior, hospitality, airline business and renewable energy management. Lastly, he also serve as an advisor to the president at IMI industries co.,ltd. – a professional oil & gas engineering firm. His roles include leading a business development department and also acting as a head of administrative team.
- Graduate school Instructor of Dusit Thani College, Thailand
- Adjunct Lecturer of Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Doctor of Philosophy in Management (International Program)
National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok, Thailand
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing
NIDA Business School (AACSB Accredited)
National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok, Thailand
- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering
Faculty of Engineering
King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang (KMITL), Bangkok, Thailand
Certificate and training
- E-business Certificate of participation
Rheinmain University, Wiesbaden, Germany
- MC Certificate
Department of Public relation
- Organizational Management in the Digital Era
- Strategic Marketing Innovation
- Service Operation Management
- Service Marketing
- Mathematics for Business
- Organizational Behavior (Guest)
- Organizational Communication (Guest)
Guest Speaker & Committee
- Strategic Talent Management & Succession Planning. Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University, Bangkok (10 August 2020).
- Digital Fintech. Government Saving Bank. (Febuary 2020).
- Chairperson of thesis defense committee. International College, National Institute of Development Administration, Bangkok (19 December 2019).
- Winning your emotions and mindset development for leaders. L’Oréal (Thailand), Ace of Huahin, (20 November 2019).
- Individual Differences. Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University and Erasmus University, Bangkok (1 November 2019).
- Perceiving Personality in Organization. Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University, Bangkok (6 August 2019).
- Organizational Communication. Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University, Bangkok (15 July 2019).
- Diversities Management in Organization. Faculty of Business Administration, Kasetsart University, Bangkok (30 June 2019).
- Personality Training For Generation Z. Faculty of Communication Arts, Stamford International University. (26 November 2018).
- Crisis Management in Public Relation. Albert Laurence School of Communication Arts, Assumption University. (20 November 2018).
- How to Success in Research (Tutorial session for faculty members). Bangkok Suvarnabhumi University (7 November 2018).
- Service Operation Management (Training Session for partners). Liv Hotel Bangkok, PaPa Bakery (21 April 2018).
- Personality Training. Faculty of Communication Arts, Stamford International University. (3 May 2018).
- Cultural Intelligence and Job Anxiety in Thai Airline Cabin Crew. University of Rheinmain, Wiesbaden, Germany.
- Thesis Defense Committee. Graduate School, Dusit Thani College (2017-Present).
- Generation & Leadership. Faculty of Management Science, Kasetsart University (6 May 2017).
- Committee of Public Relation Event. Albert Laurence School of Communication Arts, Assumption University, (2016-2017).
- Tourism Trend 2015. Petchkasem Polytechnic College (9 July 2015).
- Asean Economics Community (AEC). Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics, Assumption University (20 March 2014).
- “Leadership for salesperson” Srisawad Corporation PCL. (1 June 2013)
- Salesperson Management. Marketing Trainee batch 25-26, Marketing Association of Thailand (TAM) (2011).
- Suthatorn, P., & Charoensukmongkol, P. (In press) How Managerial Communication Reduces Perceived Job Insecurity of Flight Attendants During the Covid-19 Pandemic. International Journal of Business Communication. (Scopus Top12% & SCIMago Q1)
- Charoensukmongkol, P. & Suthatorn, P. (In press). Effects of Trust in Organizations and Trait Mindfulness on Optimism and Perceived Stress of Flight Attendants during the COVID-19 Pandemic, International Journal of Workplace Health Management. (Scopus & SCIMago Q2)
- Charoensukmongkol, P. & Suthatorn, P. (2020). Linking Improvisational Behavior, Adaptive Selling Behavior, and Sales Performance: The Moderating Roles of Challenge Orientation and Product Knowledge, Organization Management Journal. (Scopus Top 19% & SCImago Q1)
- Maneekhut, P. & Suthatorn, P. (2020). The Influence of Online Review on Travel Planning Behavior of Thai Generation-y Travelers, Dusit Thani Journal. 15(2). (TCI Level1)
- Suthatorn, P. (2019). Mobile Commerce for Retail Market in Thailand, Journal of Innovation and Technology for Learning. 2(2).
- Suthatorn, P. (2019). Cross-cultural Competence that affected Job Stress of Airline Cabin Crews: The Moderating Role of Cultural Distance., Dusit Thani Journal. 14(2). (TCI Level1)
- Suthatorn, P. (2019). M-commerce: The Moderating Role of Education Level on
the Adoption of Mobile Commerce in Thailand, Dusit Thani Journal. 13(2). (TCI Level1).
- Charoensukmongkol, P. & Suthatorn, P. (2018). Salespeople’s trait mindfulness and emotional exhaustion: the mediating roles of optimism, resilience, and self-efficacy, International Journal of Services, Economics and Management. 9(2), pp. 125-142. (SCImago Q4)
- Suthatorn, P., Lerdsuwonakun, S., & Seriwattana, P. (2018). The Influence of Cultural Distance on Job Demands Moderated by Cultural Competency: Empirical study of Thai Airways’ Flight Attendance, International Conference in Tourism, Business, and Social Sciences (pp. 562-580). Bangkok, Thailand.
- Suthatorn, P., Suthatorn, B. & O’Brien P. (2018). The Adoption of Mobile Commerce (M-Commerce) in Retail Market of Thailand, The Proceeding of 4th TECHCON 2018 and 2nd ITECH 2018 (pp. 275-291). Bangkok, Thailand.
- Suthatorn, P. & Charoensukmongkol, P. (2018). Cultural intelligence and Cabin Crews Anxiety: The Mediating Roles of Intercultural Communication Competence and Service Attentiveness, Journal of Human resource of Hospitality and Tourism. 17(4). (SCImago Q2)
- Dejlertprayoon, C., Phornprapha, S., & Suthatorn, P. (2017). The Difference of Gender on the Level of Risk Perceived in Online Shopping, Gracious Hospitality & Tourism International Conference 2017 (pp.237-241). Bangkok, Thailand.
- Dejlertprayoon, C., Phornprapha, S., & Suthatorn, P. (2017). Perceived Risk on Consumers’ Behaviour. Gracious Hospitality & Tourism International Conference 2017 (pp.164-174). Bangkok, Thailand.
- Young Researcher Award (Excellent Level) – 2020
Prachachuen Research Network
Remark: Prachachuen Research Network is an academic cooperation network of 16 public and private universities such as Kasetsart University, Srinakharinwirot University, Sukhothai Thammathirat Open University and others
- Best Paper Award – December 2018
International Conference in Tourism, Business, and Social Sciences (ICTBS 2018), Bangkok, Thailand.
“The Influence of Cultural Distance on Job Demands Moderated by Cultural Competency: Empirical study of Thai Airways’ Flight Attendance.”
Cultural Intelligence, Marketing, Organization behavior, Managerial Psychology, Airline business, Service provider, Sale performance, Renewable Energy
- Head of Center for Research and Innovation in Airline and Service Industry,
Thai Flight Training Co.,Ltd. – Thai Airways International. PCL.
- Managing Partner, Cullinan International Co.,Ltd.
- Board of Directors, DIYECOM Co., Ltd.
- Board of Directors, Green Energy Management Co., Ltd.
- VP in Business Development, Green Energy Management Co., Ltd.
- Marketing Director, IMI Industries Co., Ltd
- Advisor to VP Marketing and communication, Dusit Thani College
- AVP in Marketing, Srisawad Power (1979) PCL.
- Head of Marketing, EDM Intertrading Co., Ltd.
- Cabin Crew, Thai Airways PCL.
- MC, Thai TV3, and Truevision
- Guest speaker, Thailand Management Association (TMA), and many institutions.
- International Journal of Globalisation and Small Business (SCImago Q2)
- International Journal of Work Organisation and Emotion (SCImago Q3)
- International Journal of Business Information Systems (SCImago Q4)
- President of NIDA MBA
- Vice President of Engineering student association, KMITL
- Real Estate Value Investor
- Vocalist & Composer